Friday, November 12, 2010

Comm Studio Metaphor Poster 2009 2nd Semester

These images probably make up only about a third of the process work that was created. At the time, it seemed like too much work to handle, but the more process work we had, the better we understood our content. It helped us to interpret our books from all angles. It was worth it.

We were supposed to read a book and create a hypothetical book reading poster. The book I chose was "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde.
I thought about a crow tessellation

A preliminary sketch but ha ha ha it looks so awful.

This was fun. Mysssteeeriousss.





I used some old horror film posters as references.


This was the painting I worked on before I scanned it in and worked on the rest in photoshop.

I decided that the reading would be done by the great and late Vincent Price at Angelo's and Vinci's Ristorante at 5:00 to 7:00 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment