Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Drawing and Painting Fortune Cookie Project

My fortune cookie said, " You will be taking a chance somewhere in the near future." These are some of my sketches.
This first one is pretty rough, but the idea was to cut out a paper doll chain and draw on one of them. I was then planning on mailing it to somebody to draw on another template and so on until all of them are filled. This might even be to people that I do not know.
This idea was inspired by the book "The Five Sisters" by Margaret Mahy. I read it when I was younger, and it took a very very long time to find the title and the author.
I used the story and illustration of my snow queen for this next sketch. As she watches the geese fly away, she has no regrets of the chance she took in caring for them.
These next two sketches were inspired by a combination of "The Secret Garden," "The Phantom Tollbooth," and "Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus." We come across a lot of doors in our lives, and I saw a great chance in being given the opportunity to find out what is behind this particular door.

No comments:

Post a Comment